The following screen images
represent a recommended configuration of the D-Link DPH-541 Version 1 phone for
use on the BroadVoice VoIP service. These parameters need to be manually entered
using the device's web server GUI.
Please setup the wireless connection from your phone to the access point per the
Quick Install Guide, "Setting Up Your Phone".
- Obtain the IP address of the phone from the by selecting "Status" from
the initial display.
- In a web browser, enter the IP address of the phone.
- If you have not changed the default Username and Password, enter "admin"for
the username and "admin" for the password. If the default username and
password has been modified enter the modified values into the username and password
- Select "SIP Settings" on the left hand side of the menu.
- Select Configure to the right of the default SIP Access List.
- Enter the following into the parameters:
- SIP Account Name: BroadVoice
- Phone Number: xxxxxxxxxx (enter your BroadVoice
- Authentication ID: xxxxxxxxxx (enter your BroadVoice
- Authentication Password: xxxxxxxx (enter your
BroadVoice Authentication Password, this can be found by logging into your portal
at www.broadvoice.com and selecting the Account Tab). Under the Account Tab in the
My Devices section select "Show Settings". The Authentication Password
is the field marked "auth_password". Enter the value that appears to the
right of the auth_password field. Please remember that the password is case sensitive.
- SIP Domain: sip.broadvoice.com
- Proxy Address: sip.broadvoice.com
- Port: 5060
- Outbound Address: proxy.xxx.broadvoice.com (Choose
one from the following list).
To determine the best proxy ping each of the following proxy addresses.
Enter the best outbound proxy based on the one that is closer (has a shorter ping
- Port: 5060
- Local Port: 5060
- Register Timer (sec): 3600
- Codes: G.711u
- Pkt Time (ms): Default
- OutofBand DTMF: On
- Select "Save".
If everything was successfully entered, "Settings Saved Successfully"
will be displayed at the top to the screen.
- Power the phone off then power it back on. If the phone has successfully registered
to BroadVoice the phone number will be displayed on the screen after several minutes.